Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas #11











People are curious about why I write this blog. And I fear that the pressure I placed on myself to post consecutively, 12 days in a row, has led me away from the reason that I started writing it a year and a half ago. It may have even offended some. This was not my intent. To be cliche, this is a happy place. If you want to contact me to start a dialogue on something I have said or if I have made you smile, there is a contact address on the top right of all the pages.




I don't write this blog for lack of something better to do. I have a full time job which keeps me focused, I have two marvelous kids and a wonderful husband who happen to be of Danish descent, I have a fat and destructive and wildly undertrained horse, I have a few years of scrapbooking to catch up on, I need to call my Mom, and my snowshoes need to be dusted off in a very bad way. But I have always had a passion for writing and recently for photography. This is my outlet and it 85% satisfies my urge to constantly be putting pen to paper.




So I put the kids to bed at night, throw in a load of laundry and sit down at the computer to release my thoughts. And what fun it is!




I write and post photos to show people the beauty of this land I live in, to show them it's not always perfect, to help people understand what is involved in living a life on the prairie. I want people to realize that no matter where you are from, you live in an amazing part of the world and are surrounded by amazing people. Appreciate it as I appreciate all of the places that I have lived and people that I have known.




Thanks, Jason, for sharing this video so many months ago. I find peace every time I watch it. Be sure to turn your volume up for maximum gratification.




And hey everyone: thanks for reading. Really. I really do appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment